3sixty High School Ministry kicks off on Sunday, September 11, 2016
To enable young people to fully experience Christ through encountering Christ visible, audible and tangible. To build a community where the youth are not only integrated in our parish community but are connected in Christ to one another. To animate their lives with the Spirit’s creative and generative power giving them a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ and helping them to become disciples of Christ in the modern world.
- Weekly youth-oriented liturgies on Sundays at 6 p.m.
- Weekly Youth Nights on Sundays from 7:00-8:30 p.m. in the Parish Hall
- Youth social events
- Annual overnight retreats in the fall and winter/spring
- Social justice and outreach projects
- Leadership opportunities
- A safe and Christ-centered environment where teens can be themselves and build community
After the 6 p.m. Mass, the teens gather in the parish hall for an evening of energy-filled community building and dynamic catechesis. With new catechetical themes delivered each semester, the youth ministry team have a variety of topics to explore and teach to the youth. This creative and experiential approach engages youth to understand Catholic teaching and form their Catholic identity. The night begins as we Gather in a large group for praise and worship and activities. The leaders then Proclaim the teaching and message of Christ. Afterwards, the teens Break into small groups for discussion in which they are invited to share their thoughts and experiences in a safe and non-judgemental atmosphere. Finally, we Send the teens off by challenging them to live the Gospel and make Christ visible, audible and tangible in their every day lives.
Categories of Youth Nights
- Theme Nights: Breaks down the semester theme into sub-topics that helps to deepen the teens’ understanding of their Catholic faith.
- Issue Nights: Focuses on current teen issues and how teens are called to respond as Catholic Christians.
- Spotlight Nights: Utilizes mainstream media (movie clips, music videos, songs, TV shows, etc) to teach on matters of faith.
- Social Nights: Builds community among the teens and it’s purely about having fun!
For more information, contact Row David at 408-997-5106 or email@example.com.