Nicaragua Mission Trip 2016 Signups Are Now Open!
UPDATE: Both weeks are now full. Any additional registrants will be put on our wait list.
We are happy you are interested in taking a mission trip to Nicaragua! Our mission is to serve God by providing opportunities for missionaries and impoverished families to grow through life-changing experiences.
Please note that there is a ** NEW REGISTRATION PROCESS ** this year, so follow the directions closely.
Also note that there is an important informational meeting for those going on this trip for the first time, on Thursday, February 4th, at 7:30 p.m. in the Parish Hall. This meeting is for first timers, parents and chaperones of minors.
There are three steps to successfully register for this year’s trip:
- Step 1: Click the link below to register with the Holy Spirit.
- Step 2: Upon completing the HSP registration, you will receive an email that will provide you with a link to the Amigos for Christ registration (you will need to have your passport information).
- Step 3: Pay a $50 deposit at the Parish Office, due upon registering. Checks should be made out to Holy Spirit Parish, with “Nicaragua” noted on the memo line.
Every missionary has to register with both Holy Spirit and Amigos for Christ. The $50 deposit will hold your spot. Your registration is NOT complete until all three steps are completed.
Step 1: Holy Spirit Registration
- Click on the link below to go to the Holy Spirit Nicaragua Mission Trip 2016 Registration page. You will be asked for your name, contact information, church affiliation, date of birth, and which of our two trips you wish to take: 1) July 2nd – July 9th, or 2) July 9th – 16th. There are 50 spaces available for Week 1 and 55 spaces available for Week 2.
- You will also be asked if you expect to do fundraising letters outside the parish to help with the cost of your trip. Some missionaries cover all or part of their costs through letter writing to family members and friends.
- Finally, you will be asked if you wish to travel on our group airfare or will make your own airfare arrangements. The group air cost is $950 for flight from SFO to and from Managua, Nicaragua with a transfer in San Salvador. We recommend that most people travel with the group.
- The trip is limited to minors who are of high school age or above. If you are a minor under the age of 18, you will be required to designate an adult, 25 years of age or older, to act as your guardian during the trip to Nicaragua. You need to provide the name of a parent/guardian and his/her email address and phone number. If you have never traveled outside of the U.S. you will be required to have an interview with the Social Ministries and Nicaragua Chairperson.
- You will have an opportunity to register additional family members before leaving the Holy Spirit website.
Step 2: Amigos For Christ Registration
- Once you complete the HSP registration, you will be emailed a link to register with Amigos For Christ. You will need to complete a registration for each missionary.
- You will need your passport information for this step.
Step 3: Pay the Deposit
- Upon completing your registration with Holy Spirit and Amigos For Christ, a non-refundable $50 registration fee per missionary is due to secure your spots. Checks should be made out to Holy Spirit Church with “Nicaragua” noted on the memo line. Please drop them off at the Parish Office.
- The total cost of your trip is $1275, which includes the registration fee of $50, group airfare of $950, and your room and board fee of $275 for Amigos for Christ. This is DUE by May 1, 2016.
Here is the link to register with Holy Spirit: Nicaragua Mission Trip 2016 Registration
If you have any questions, please contact:
Trip Administration: Veronica Vijil at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nicaragua Mission Chair: Stephanie Kavanagh at email@example.com