Sign-Up Instructions for Nicaragua 2015
Nicaragua Mission Trip Sign-Up Instructions
We are happy that you are interested in taking a mission trip to Nicaragua! Our mission is to serve God by providing opportunities for missionaries and impoverished families to grow through life-changing experiences. The cost of this year’s trip includes a $50 registration fee, $1,113 for airfare, and $250 for room and board in Nicaragua.
On Thursday, January 29, there is an important information meeting for this trip at 7:30pm in the Parish Hall. We encourage all missionaries to attend but most especially if you are going on this trip for the first time. And if you are a first timer who is under 18, you should bring your parents and trip chaperones. If you cannot attend this meeting, we ask you to please contact Stephanie Kavanagh at firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know so that you can meet with her to get this important information.
To Sign-Up for Our Mission Trip to Nicaragua:
- Click on the link below to go to the Holy Spirit 2015 Nicaragua Sign-Up Page. You will be asked for your name, phone number and email, church affiliation, date-of-birth, and which of our two trips you wish to take: 1) July 3 – July 11, or 2) July 11 – 18. You will also be asked if you expect to do fundraising letters outside the parish to help with the cost of your trip. Some missionaries cover all or part of their costs through letter writing to family members and friends.Finally, you will be asked if you wish to travel on our group airfare or will make your own airfare arrangements. The group air cost is $1,113 for flight from SFO to and from Managua, Nicaragua with a transfer in San Salvador. We recommend that most people travel with the group.
- If you are a minor under the age of 18, you will be required to designate an adult, 25 years of age or older, to act as your guardian during the trip to Nicaragua. You will need to provide us with the name of a parent/guardian and his/her email address. The trip is limited to minors who are of high school age or above.
- You will have an opportunity to register additional family members before proceeding to payment.
- To complete your registration with Holy Spirit, you will be asked to pay the non-refundable $50 registration fee for each family member using the PayPal button. At the end of the Paypal process, you must select the return to Holy Spirit link on the PayPal screen — by selecting this link you will be directed to the Amigos For Christ website, our partner organization in Nicaragua. Please complete your registration with Amigos for each of your family members.
- Your room and board fee of $250 to Amigos for Christ and your group airfare of $1,113, is due by May 1, 2015.