Lent at Holy Spirit
The Lenten Season is a time of prayer and reflection, fasting and almsgiving. Holy Spirit offers various opportunities to support you on your journey to new life:
- In addition to our regular 8:30 a.m. weekday Masses, we will offer Wednesday morning Mass at 6:30 a.m. through Lent.
- Join us every Friday of Lent for Stations of the Cross, Eucharistic Adoration and Reconciliation in the Church at 7:00 p.m.
- For the last three Fridays in Lent, we will gather for “Fish on Fridays – Keys to Freedom” before heading to the Church. Join Fr. Joe for a Lenten fish dinner and discussion at 6:30 p.m. in the Parish Hall.
- We continue our tradition to carry stones throughout Lent to remind us of our Lenten commitments. These stones of all shapes and sizes are available for every parishioner at all doors to the Church. Either carry it with you or put it in a prominent place.
- Holy Spirit Parish is participating in Operation Rice Bowl again this Lent. In addition to our traditional paper bowls, this year you can go to online to www.crsricebowl.org and download their new mobile app. Features include: reflections for each day of Lent, tool to set Lenten sacrifice goal and track progress, meatless recipes for Lenten Fridays, and stories and videos of people who benefit from prayers and almsgiving to CRS Rice Bowl.